This position provides the day to day operation in areas relating to the Housekeeping Department and to administer the supervision of all housekeeping staff in conjunction with the Manager of Housekeeping; assists in general inventories by taking inventories for cleaning and guest supplies, recording all stock, and maintaining control of all issuing and to ensure that the Housekeeping Department operates according to the policies and procedures set forth by MMH. All responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with departmental and company policies, practices and procedures, as well as within the framework and intent of the Vision of the MGM property.
- Open the Housekeeping Department in the morning. Check night report and prepare Room Attendants’ daily assignments. Take appropriate action in cases of under or over staffing.
- Check in Room Attendants and issue work assignments.
- Check in Floor Supervisors and issue work and key assignments
- Prepare daily rooms report before 10 A.M. submitting same to Front Desk noting any discrepancies and file copy.
- Supervise directly the cleaning and cleanliness of the Food and Beverage outlets.
- Establish cleaning programs to maintain cleanliness in these areas.
- Check public and staff washrooms to see that they are in good order and that all supplies are kept replenished.
- Check daily for maintenance conditions, make work orders for repairs in triplicate form (urgent reports made at once) and submit two to Engineering and retain one for file and follow-up.
- Check guest floors daily; check suites occupied and vacant; spot check occupied and check-out rooms daily; check all VIP and Special Attention rooms. Inform Floor Supervisors of missing items or work not properly performed. Inspect all back of house areas as well.
- Know all duties set out in all housekeeping job descriptions and ensure that systems are being followed. Check that Housemen and Cleaners vacuum all corridors, and maintain cleanliness in assigned areas. Inform Carpet Cleaner of rooms to be done and keep a record of them.
- Know room setups, color schemes, linens and inventories. No furniture to be removed from rooms unless instructed by the Director of Rooms or Director of Housekeeping.
- Keep open communication with Director of Housekeeping and have regular meetings.
- Be familiar with all operating equipment so as to instruct staff as to its proper usage.
- Responsible for implementing "ongoing" training programs, and projects as assigned.
- Monitor training of new employees.
- To recommend changes in the operating philosophy of the Housekeeping Department.
- To recommend changes in procedures for other departments.
- To oversee the cleanliness and maintenance of guest rooms, public and back of house areas, in accordance with procedures set forth by MMH.
- In the absence of the Executive and Assistant Director of Housekeeping, to be responsible for the smooth running and operation of the Housekeeping Department and all related areas.
- To deal efficiently with all housekeeping personnel.
- To assist in cost control and payroll.
- To maintain good communications with other departments.
- College degree is required.
- Three year of this field experience.
- Must have the proven ability when working with confidential information.
- Must be able to write legibly, complete detailed paperwork and use a computer for extended periods of time.
- Must be well organized.
- Previous hospitality experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office knowledge required.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- Ability to communicate fluently in the Vietnamese language of the workplace and in English both verbally and non verbally.
- Capacity to foster productive relations with peers and assure teamwork is the prevailing way to do business.
- Excellent guest service skills. Must have the ability to respond to handle difficult or stressful situations with tact and diplomacy.