Business Development – MICE Market, is responsible for the production all aspects of Group, Event and Function Planning for small scale up to large commercial events, from initial contact through to completion.
An 'Event' or 'Function' is any Venue Hire at Pullman Danang Beach Resort, during either evening and/or daytime.
- Functions can include Weddings, Birthdays, Engagement Parties, meetings conferences incentives and exhibitions
- A 'Group' is majority activity based groups, usually but not limited to 10 or more activity participants, during either evening and/or daytime.- Groups can include Incentive, Team Building, Schools, Fundraisers etc
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EVENTS / FUNCTIONS
- Research New markets to identify opportunities for Events / Functions
- Liaising with clients to ascertain their precise requirements, either during site inspections, phone meetings or email correspondence
- Producing Event / Function quotes to clientele
- Producing individual, detailed Event / Functions plans (e.g. run sheet, site requirements, bar requirements, staffing requirements, activity requirements)
- Selling, securing and booking venue hire for Events / Functions, including site inspections, invoicing, paperwork etc
- Ensuring insurance, legal, health and safety obligations and regulations are adhered to
- Coordinating venue management, caterers, contractors, external suppliers for each Event / Function
- Consult with Management to ensure adequate staffing are rostered for duty and coordinate staff briefings
- Preparing templates, documentation for internal & external use (e.g. booking forms, packages, information flyers)
- Liaising with Marcoms Manager for Marketing, PR and Advertising of Venue Hire for Events / Functions
- Maintaining and creating strong business relationships with external suppliers and clients
- Coordinating staff, suppliers, handling client queries and troubleshooting on the day of the Event / Function to ensure all runs smoothly and professionally from start to finish
- Post Event / Function evaluation (e.g. data entry, analysis and producing reports for Management)
- Follow up with Clients for Post Event Feedback and finalise any accounts / equipment pickup
- Source new avenues for group business
- Manage current group business
- Maintain current group business relationships
- In consultation with Assistant Director of sales, write Group proposals, rate agreements
- Weekly Reports
- Weekly Sales Meetings
- Weekly Meetings with Banquet staff
- Weekly Sales Calls to generate sales in a designated territory
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
First and Foremost you will have the right attitude – vibrant, energetic and dynamic. You will need to have a passion for Events and possess excellent customer service, communication, organizational and time management skills. Must also demonstrate strong computer proficiency (especially Word, Excel and Outlook), have the ability to quickly learn and implement new skills and to grow new business. A background in Events or an Events Diploma is highly desired.
- Demonstration of past Sales / Events Experience will be required, minimum 2 years preferred
- Strong computer and organizational skills will be required.